Which Containers Are Right for Your Restaurant?03/15/2022
To-go food containers have always been a necessity in the restaurant industry, and in recent months, more focus has been put on food containers due to the rise of delivery and take-out food consumed during COVID-19. Food containers need to do more than simply contain food or make it able to be moved from place to place. The vessel food is served in makes a first impression on customers, in addition to protecting the food, keeping it from spilling and ensuring that despite travel, it will look and taste to your restaurant’s standards.
There are a variety of options on the market, all claiming to be the next best thing, and it can be an overwhelming task to find products that truly work. Finding versatile, multipurpose containers to best serve the many needs of food service businesses is a big task, but Sunshine Supply Company has committed over 20 years to supply the industry with highly diverse and multifunctional product options.
Innovation drives progress, and Sunshine Supply Company embraces innovation to develop and provide top-quality containers that are convenient, easy to use and that restaurant patrons and employees alike love. We have developed several diverse types of quality plastic packaging for use in food service. Most products are made from BPA-free Polypropylene (PP) which helps preserve the freshness and taste of packaged foods by delaying evaporation and dehydration. PP is resistant to fats, liquids, acids and organic solvents. It is lightweight, tough, and has a high heat tolerance, making it far less likely to leak chemicals than other plastics.
But aside from the innovative materials our containers are made from, we also offer a variety of styles and sizes to suit any restaurant’s to-go food container needs.
Sunshine Supply Food Service Containers
Sunshine Supply Company makes a variety of microwave safe, reliable and easy-to-use food containers. Our patented 2-and 4-corner lock technology keeps lids fastened securely, preventing leaks while still able to be removed easily:
- Hinge Containers – Hinge containers are incredibly versatile. The clam-shell type design with an attached lid makes them convenient for restaurant staff and customers alike. Designed with our 2-corner locking system, lids do not get lost, and these hinge containers can be used for a variety of food types. Sunshine offers three different series of hinge containers, all of which use 30% less plastic than the average container and are microwave-safe. Our hinge containers come in square and rectangular shapes with one, two and three compartment choices in a range of sizes.
- Anti-Fog Containers – Anti-fog containers consist of a sturdy plastic food container with a clear, anti-fog lid. Containers are microwave-safe, with ventilated micro-holes to keep lids from fogging to preserve culinary presentation. These come in a variety of shapes and sizes, including large serving size options, with dome and flat lid choices.
- Japanese Containers – Sunshine has developed several options for Japanese containers. These include a variety of sushi trays, Bento boxes, lids, platters and plates. Choose from a selection of colorful and solid color choices to match your restaurant’s aesthetic.
- Bowls, Plates and Plasticware – Our round trays, bowls and plates are ready to use for a variety of occasions. Bowls are perfect for soups, dressings and condiments. Browse our selection of sizes and options online.
- Film-Sealed Containers – Film-sealed containers are ready to use and include snack trays, multiple-compartment containers and sandwich wedges (film and sealing technology is not provided). These containers are designed for to-go meals like hot dogs and sandwiches.
Each of Sunshine Supply’s innovative container designs can serve a different purpose depending on the type of business. From food carts to high-end dining our containers are made with both restaurateur and customer in mind. No one wants cold or spilled food, containers must preserve food’s visual appeal, structural integrity and maintain a high quality of taste. With both convenience and purpose in mind, our products are designed to keep food tasting and looking good.
Need Help Finding the Right Food Containers for Your Menu?
A lot of effort goes into food service: planning the menu, obtaining quality ingredients and hiring qualified, talented staff to make your food vision a tasty reality. The last thing any chef, restaurant or food entrepreneur wants is for all that effort to go to waste when a food container fails. Sunshine Supply understands the importance of quality, multipurpose food containers, as well as the unique needs of every restaurant.
Our promise is to provide innovative products, reasonable pricing, a quick process, and reliable products. We work with you to help find the perfect containers for your specific menu and food type. Reach out to our team here, use our “get a quote tool” or visit the new “Restaurant Hub” to find local Sunshine Supply Company distributors near you and view available inventory.